Not started your spring cleaning yet this year? Well now is a great time to start thinking about getting organised before your time runs out. If you’re doing your spring cleaning at home or at your place of work the DYMO LabelWriter 450 will be the best weapon of choice to organise all those storage boxes you’ve been storing away all year.
A great way to collect all the dusk from all of your keys in your keyboard is to use a post-it note. Use the sticky side of the post-it and run in-between every key on your keyboard to eliminate all the unwanted crumbs and dust. You may never want to eat your lunch at your desk again if you read our blog about what germs manifest in-between your keys: Office germs are your new co-workers
When cleaning out your cupboards in your office and in your draws you may come across things you never knew you had, this is why spring cleaning needs to be done every year even if you do your spring cleaning over a few months you will eventually get it done and then you will be able to have room for new products.
A cluttered desk is a cluttered mind. Here are some tips for your #SpringCleaning in your office. You’ll be cleaning like a pro in no time at all!
- Use a post-it note to clean the crumbs out of your keyboard
- Tilt your key on its side and gently tap it on a piece of paper. It’s amazing how much comes out
- Do not vacuum any electric equipment’s
- When cleaning shelves always start from the top and work your way down so the dust doesn’t fall back down onto the areas you’ve already cleaned
- When dusting your desk, and the legs always use a microfiber cloth that picks up all of the dust
- When cleaning your laptop keys it is best to use a can of compressed air which then gently removes unwanted crumbs
- Do each part of your office in sections. Don’t start everything all at once
- Hold all of your electrical products with a bulldog clip underneath your desk to reduce tripping hazards within your workplace
- Zap the Sponge: Sponges can be a breeding ground for bacteria. Disinfect yours every night by squeezing it out and microwaving it on high for a minute. When it’s shredded and smelly, replace it.
- Shred all of your confidential letters with shredding machines so your don’t have a pile up of outdated letters dating back to decades ago
Everyday surfaces and products that are infested with germs;
|Office product/surface||Number of average bacteria on surfaces||Bacteria on surfaces|
If you have any #SpringCleaning tips then let us know by tweeting us tips that could help improve the cleanliness of our office.
If you enjoyed then why not?
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter.
Visit ModernOfficeSupplies.co.uk for all your office needs.