Some people may think the perfect office consists of your favourite stationery, plants, creature comforts or family photos. Others think it’s the high tech gadgets in the office that make it better; the better the products the more productive your work will be.
The number of people working from home has risen to its highest level since records began, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS). There were 4.2 million UK home workers in the first three months of 2014, amounting to 13.9% of the workforce.
Of these home workers, around 1.5 million (or 5% of those in work) worked within their home or its grounds, while the remaining 2.7 million people (8.9% of those in work) used their home as a base but worked in different places.
There are many advantages and disadvantages of working from home here are a few:
- Have as many breaks as you want (Within reason!)
- You can cook a proper meal instead of a sandwich which you have every day at work
- Less stressful environment
- Eliminates long commute to work
- More productive
- Saves fuel
- You may miss important information or meetings that you could sit on in if you work from home
- Lack of communication
- Socialising skills are lost
- Finding it hard to move away from your computer screen
- Difficult from separating home from work
- You need high self-discipline
So…what do you think? Do you prefer to work from home? Or is an office environment more up your street?
If you enjoyed this, then why not:
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter.
Visit/Call onwww.modernofficesupplies.co.uk + +44 (0) 28 90 686333